Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions regulate the relationship between Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork and you in relation to your use of our website bristolmassage.co.uk (Website).
Our Website is operated by Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork a company registered in England (registered number 04820183) and whose registered office is at Lower Ground Floor, 109 Pembroke Road, Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3EU (‘we‘ or ‘us‘). We are a not for profit company.
Please read these terms carefully before using the Website. By accessing our Website you agree to comply with and be bound by these terms and conditions (Terms). If you do not accept these terms, please do not use our Website.
What these terms cover. These are the terms and conditions on which you must comply with when accessing the Website and booking a workshop (Workshop) or a clinic appointment (Appointment) online.
Why you should read them. These terms tell you who we are, the workshops, clinics and other services we offer, how to book Workshops and Appointments with us, details of how you and we may cancel Workshops and Appointments, what to do if there is a problem, and other important information. If you think that there is a mistake in these Terms or require any changes, please contact us to discuss.
You may access most areas of the Website without registering your details with us. You will need to register for an individual account if you want book any Workshops and/or Appointments with us.
1 Online Bookings
1.1 How to Register
You may register for an individual account with us for free. If you register for an account you will be able to book Workshops and Appointments using our Website. When you register, we ask you to provide certain information about yourself that is true, accurate, and up to date. Should any of your registration information change, please log into your account, go to “My Profile” and make the required changes.
1.2 How to book Appointments
Please go to the links on our Website for any of our Introductory Workshops, Advanced Workshops, Massage Practise Days, or Graduate Clinics, choose the service you would like, and click the “Book Now” button. If you have not already created a free account, you will be asked to do so at this point to complete the online booking process. If you have already created a free account, please log in here to complete your booking.
1.3 How we accept your booking
We will email you to confirm our acceptance of your booking when we receive full payment for a Workshop or Appointment, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
1.4 If we cannot accept your booking
If we are unable to accept your booking, we will inform you of this by email and will not charge you for the booking. The reason we cannot accept your booking is likely to be because there is a problem with processing your payment. A possible alternative reason for not accepting your booking might be due to unexpected limits on our resources which we could not reasonably plan for, e.g. an Appointment or Workshop being full, or a clinic therapist being unwell, or workshop tutor unable to attend, in which case we can place you on our waiting list or reschedule your booking, or because we have identified an error in the price or description of an Appointment or Workshop.
1.5 You must keep your account details safe
- You must keep your username, password or any other piece of information disclosed to us as part of our security procedures safe and secure and must not disclose them to or share it with anyone.
- You will be responsible for all activities and bookings under your password. If you know or suspect that someone else has your password, you must promptly notify us using the details in the Contact section of our Website.
- We reserve the right to change your password if we believe that it is no longer secure.
2 Cancellation of bookings
2.1 Exercising your right to change your mind
You may have the right to change your mind. Please see Cancellation of an Appointment and Cancellation a Workshop section below for further details. Your rights to make changes. If you wish to amend your booking or transfer to a different Workshop or Appointment, please contact us using the details in the Contact section of our Website. We will let you know if the change is possible. If it is possible we will let you know about any additional fees that may be due, or anything else which would be necessary as a result of your requested change and ask you to confirm whether you wish to go ahead with the change.
2.2 Cancellation of an Appointment
- You will receive a full refund if you change, rebook, or cancel an Appointment at least 24 hours before your booked Appointment time. You must login to your account online to make this change, or Contact us to request us to make the change on your behalf.
- No refund is offered for cancellations received within 24 hours before your booked Appointment time.
2.3 Cancellation of a Workshop
- If we have incorrectly described a Workshop, you may have a legal right to end the contract between us (or we may place you onto an alternative Workshop that satisfies your requirements).
- If you change your mind and want to cancel a Workshop more than 14 days before a Workshop is due to start, we will offer you a full refund less any fees we have been charged by the card payment company for processing the booking. This is usually 3.98% of the ticket price paid plus £0.40.
- If you change your mind and want to cancel a Workshop within 7 to 14 days before a Workshop is due to start then provided we can refill your space, we will offer you a full refund less any fees we have been charged by the card payment company for processing the booking. This is usually 3.98% of the ticket price paid plus £0.40. If we cannot refill your space you will not be entitled to any refund.
- No refund is offered for cancellations received by us within 7 days of when a Workshop is due to start or for any no shows on the day.
2.4 Your right to end the contract because of something we have done or are going to do
Your contract with us will end immediately and we will refund you in full the price you paid for the relevant Workshop or Appointment:
- if we have told you about an upcoming change to a Workshop or Appointment or these Terms which you do not agree to; or
- we have told you about an error in the price or a significant change in the description of a Workshop or Appointment you have booked and you do not wish to proceed; or
- there is a risk that a Workshop or Appointment date may change because of events outside our control; or
- you have a legal right to end the contract because of something we have done wrong.
2.5 How to exercise your right to cancel
You must inform us by doing one of the following:
- The easiest and quickest method of cancellation is online. Please log in to your account online, go to “My Schedule”, and click on the service that you wish to cancel.
- Phone or email. Our contact details can be found in our Contact section. When informing us of your intention to cancel please provide your name and the title of the Workshop or Appointment you booked.
- We must receive your notice to cancel before the relevant cancellation period has expired (as mentioned above in the Cancellation of an Appointment and Cancellation of a Workshop section above).
Effects of cancellation by you
If you cancel your booking for any other reason as permitted by us, we will reimburse to you all payments received from you less any fees we have been charged by the card payment company for processing the booking. We will make the reimbursement without undue delay, and not later than 14 days after the day on which we are informed about your decision to cancel this contract (as permitted by us). We will make the reimbursement using the same means of payment as you used for the initial transaction, unless you have expressly agreed otherwise. We will not be liable for any expenses you incur associated with a Workshop or Appointment booking such as equipment, books, travel costs, accommodation, or other associated costs. If you think you may incur costs, you are advised to check with us that your chosen Workshop or Appointment has sufficient confirmed numbers to run before incurring any Workshop related costs.
2.6 When we may end the contract
We may at any time end our contract with you and cancel your Workshop or Appointment by writing to you if:
- you do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for you to attend the Workshop or Appointment; or
- due to circumstances outside of our control, we cannot start the workshop or undertake the clinic appointment on the date scheduled.
2.7 Our rights to make changes to a booking
- In rare circumstances, we may need certain information from you so that we can provide a Workshop or Appointment to you. We will contact you by phone or in writing to ask for this information. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may either end the contract. We will not be responsible for you not being adequately prepared for an Appointment if this is caused by you not giving us the information we need within a reasonable time of us asking for it.
- There are occasions when low numbers of bookings mean that it may not be financially viable to run a Workshop. We will contact you in writing or by phone to inform you of any cancellation.
3 Prices of our workshops and clinics
3.1 Where to find the price for our Workshops and Appointments
The price of our Workshops and Appointments (which includes VAT) will be the price indicated on the booking pages when you placed your order. We take all reasonable care to ensure that the price of a Workshop or Appointment is correct.
3.2 What happens if we got the price wrong?
It is always possible that, despite our best efforts, a Workshop or an Appointment may be incorrectly priced. We will normally check prices before accepting your booking so that, where the correct price of your Workshop or Appointment at booking is less than our stated price, we will charge you the lower amount.
3.3 When you must pay and how you must pay
Online bookings must be paid for in full at the time of booking to secure your place on a Workshop or Appointment. We accept payment with Visa or Mastercard. We do not currently accept American Express. All payments must be made immediately upon booking any Workshop or Appointment. If you wish to make payment either by cash, cheque or online bank transfer, you must contact us before forwarding payment by any of these methods. Your booking is not guaranteed until payment is received.
3.4 What to do if you think an invoice is wrong
If you think an invoice is wrong please contact us promptly to let us know.
4 Use of our Website
4.1 We may suspend or withdraw our Website
Our Website is made available free of charge. We do not guarantee that our Website, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons.
4.2 We may make changes to our Website
We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our customer’s needs and our business priorities.
4.3 How you may use material on our Website
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved. You must not use any part of the content on our Website for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us.
4.4 Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our Website. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up to date.
4.5 We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our Website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our Website. You should use your own virus protection software. You must not misuse our Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Website, the server on which our Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Website. You must not attack our Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Website will cease immediately.
5 Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
5.1 We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
5.2 Please note that we only provide our Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our Website for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
6 How we will use your personal information
7 We may make changes to the Terms
We may modify these Terms from time to time but will notify you in advance of any significant changes to these Terms.
8 Contacting Each Other
We welcome any feedback, questions, comments and requests. You can contact us by telephone at 0117 946 6371 or write to us at email@example.com. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in your order.
9 Other important terms
9.1 Links to other websites
Where our Website contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them. We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
9.2 Rules about linking to our Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part. You must not establish a link to our Website in any website that is not owned by you. Our Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice. You must not link if it would put you in breach of these Terms.
We do not endorse any specific products, processes, services, third party providers, diets, or other information that may be mentioned on our Website (including, those promoted by any advertisers or advertising sponsors).
10 Your legal rights
We are under a legal duty to provide the workshops and clinic appointments you book in conformity with this contract. Nothing in these Terms will affect your legal rights. For detailed information on your rights, please visit the Citizens Advice website www.adviceguide.org.uk or call 03454 04 05 06.
10.1 We may transfer these Terms to someone else
We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
10.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract (except someone you pass your guarantee on to)
This contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms. Neither of us will need to get the agreement of any other person in order to end the contract or make any changes to these Terms.
10.3 If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force
Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
10.4 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later
If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
10.5 Which laws apply to this contract and where you may bring legal proceedings?
These Terms are governed by English law and you can bring legal proceedings in respect of our services in the English courts. If you live in Scotland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Scottish or the English courts. If you live in Northern Ireland you can bring legal proceedings in respect of the services in either the Northern Irish or the English courts.
10.6 Alternative dispute resolution
Alternative dispute resolution is a process where an independent body considers the facts of a dispute and seeks to resolve it, without you having to go to court. If you are not happy with how we have handled any complaint, you may want to contact the alternative dispute resolution provider we use. You can submit a complaint to the Massage Training Institute via their website at www.massagetraining.co.uk. Massage Training Institute will not charge you for making a complaint and if you are not satisfied with the outcome you can still bring legal proceedings. In addition, please note that disputes may be submitted for online resolution to the European Commission Online Dispute Resolution platform.