Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It also explains how your personal data is used and collected through the website at www.bristolmassage.co.uk (Website).
For the purpose of this policy, the data controller is Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork of 109 (Lower Ground Floor), Pembroke Road Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3EU.
1 The information we collect
1.1 If you are using the Website, we may collect the following information about you:
- your email address;
- your password;
- your telephone number;
- your address;
- information about the clinic/workshop you are interested in;
- how you heard about us
- your preferences for inclusion in any workshop contact lists
- any therapist-specific preferences for clinic Appointments
- credit or debit card information when you choose to pay for bookings online; and
- any further information that you choose to provide to us, for example if you contact us with questions, comments or feedback about the Website.
1.2 We also collect the following information about all Website users:
- technical information such as the type of device you use to access the Website, unique device identifiers, information about your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use;
- information that is stored on your device, such as photos and digital content where you choose to upload them; and
- any additional content or information that you choose to upload to, or transmit via, the Website.
3 Uses made of the information
3.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and manage your booking and to provide you with necessary information about the clinic or workshop you have booked;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- where you have consented to us doing so, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you);
- to notify you about changes to our service or the Website;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
3.2 Disclosure of your information
3.2.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where you have consented to us doing so, for example to allow others on your clinic or workshop to contact you for networking purposes;
- where it is necessary to enable our employees, agents, suppliers, service providers or commercial partners to provide a service to us or to perform a function on our behalf;
- where we consider disclosure of your personal information to other businesses, financial organisations or law enforcement agencies to be necessary or desirable with a view to the prevention or detection of fraud, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law, or if we consider disclosure necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of us or other users;
- as part of a sale or purchase of any business or assets, or where we are being acquired by a third party;
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to investigate potential breaches; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, or other third parties.
3.3 We may also disclose information to third parties for marketing purposes where you have consented to us doing so.
3.4 Where we store your personal data
3.4.1 All personal information you provide to us is stored in secure data centres. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
3.4.2 If we ever need to transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, in compliance with UK data protection laws.
3.4.3 The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
4 Your rights
4.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing emails or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.2 You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. We may charge a small fee of up to £10.00 towards the cost of administering any request you make and we may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. Once we have received the fee and verified your identity we will respond as quickly as possible and in any event within 40 days.
4.3 If you have an online account, you may log in to your account at any time to view and amend any personal information stored there.
4.4 Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.