Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. It also explains how your personal data is used and collected through the website at www.bristolmassage.co.uk
For the purpose of this policy under the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant regulations, the data controller is Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork of 109 (Lower Ground Floor), Pembroke Road Clifton, Bristol, BS8 3EU.
1 The information we collect
1.1 If you are using the Website, we may collect the following information about you:
- your email address;
- your password;
- your telephone number;
- your address;
- information about the clinic/workshop/training course you are interested in;
- how you heard about us
- your preferences for inclusion in any workshop contact lists
- any therapist-specific preferences for clinic Appointments
- credit or debit card information when you choose to pay for bookings online; and
- any further information that you choose to provide to us, for example if you contact us with questions, comments or feedback about the Website.
1.2 We also collect the following information about all Website users:
- technical information such as the type of device you use to access the Website, unique device identifiers, information about your mobile operating system and the type of mobile browser you use;
- information that is stored on your device, such as photos and digital content where you choose to upload them; and
- any additional content or information that you choose to upload to, or transmit via, the Website.
We are collecting this data because you have given consent to do so, and/or because the processing is necessary for a contract we have with you (i.e. a workshop booking).
1.3 If you are a student on one of our professional courses, we also collect any personal information that you choose to share with us as part of your application.
3 Uses made of the information
3.1 We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to administer and manage your booking and to provide you with necessary information about the clinic or workshop you have booked;
- to administer and manage our professional training courses – including storing any data or information you have disclosed to us regarding your personal circumstances.
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, and services that you request from us
- to provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- To send you newsletters where you have consented to us doing so;
- where you have consented to us doing so, to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you;
- to notify you about changes to our service or the Website;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to administer our Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our Website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
- as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
3.2 Disclosure of your information
3.2.1 We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where you have consented to us doing so for a specific purpose, for example to allow others on your course or workshop to contact you for networking purposes or to allow a therapist to contact you regarding your bookings with them.
- where it is necessary to enable our employees, agents, suppliers, service providers or commercial partners to provide a service to us or to perform a function on our behalf;
- where we consider disclosure of your personal information to other businesses, financial organisations or law enforcement agencies to be necessary or desirable with a view to the prevention or detection of fraud, or if we are required or permitted to do so by law, or if we consider disclosure necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of us or other users;
- as part of a sale or purchase of any business or assets, or where we are being acquired by a third party;
- in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, or to investigate potential breaches; and
- to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our users, or other third parties.
3.3 We may also disclose information to third parties for marketing purposes where you have consented to us doing so.
3.4 Where we store your personal data
3.4.1 All personal information you provide to us via the internet is stored in secure data centres. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your data is treated securely and we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
3.4.2 If we ever need to transfer your personal data outside the EEA, we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data, in compliance with UK data protection laws.
3.4.3 The transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. We will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted via the Website. Any transmission is at your own risk.
3.4.4 If you are a student on one of our professional training courses, we also store paper copies of your information. This is kept in secure, locked storage. We also store information on password protected computers both in our office, and, where necessary to be able to support you in your studies, on tutor’s personal laptops.
4 How long will we keep your data for?
4.1 If you are a student or applicant we will keep your data for a minimum of 7 years as recommended by the Massage Training Institute or until you ask us to remove it to allow us to administrate our courses.
4.2 If you have subscribed to our mailing list we will keep your data until you unsubscribe from our list. You can unsubscribe at any time.
4.3 If you have registered with Mindbody Organisation then we will keep your data until you ask us to remove it:
– to facilitate easy booking and payment for you for future courses
– to keep a record of your continuing professional development with us
4.4 If you have booked onto one of our clinics we will hold your name and phone number until you ask us to remove it.
5 Your rights as a data subject
5.1 You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise this right by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any marketing emails or by contacting us at email@example.com.
5.2 You have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you, and where data is found to be inaccurate to have that data corrected. We may take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. Once we have and verified your identity we will respond as quickly as possible and in any event within 40 days.
5.3 In certain circumstances you have the right to have data held about you erased, or the use of it restricted. You have the right to object to the processing of your information and to have any inaccurate information corrected. You may be able to object to your data transferred to another data controller.
5.4 If you have an online account, you may log in to your account at any time to view and amend any personal information stored there.
5.5 Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
You also have a right of complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at www.ico.org.uk if you think we have dealt with your information in an inappropriate manner. You can also find out more about your data rights via their website.