The Alma Vale Centre and the Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork are looking for an experienced individual to share the role of Administrator and Receptionist. The work is varied and complex, involving organisation and management of all the College’s courses as well as looking after a busy and vibrant complementary health practice.
– Front of house reception – dealing with all clients, making appointments, taking payments.
– Dealing with all enquiries face to face, via email, post or telephone.
– Full support to the college’s training programme and activities, for example, pre and post recruitment for the college’s workshops and professional training courses.
– Upkeep of the college and clinic marketing materials – arranging the printing of course materials, updating the websites, arranging advertising.
– Account management – paying bills, creating invoices and maintaining account records.
– Monitoring and ordering supplies and stock for both the college courses and the clinic.
– Other duties as and when required by the Partners.
– Excellent customer services skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals.
– Able to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity at all times.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealings whether face to face, in writing or on the telephone.
– Experience in dealing with conflicting demands and priorities.
– Good attention to detail.
– Sales experience.
– Good IT skills and experience, including website management, ability to use databases, excel and other programmes specific to the college and clinic (training will be given).
– Ability to think ahead and work to a timetable of activity.
– Interest in massage and/or complementary therapies would be beneficial but is not essential.
– This is a permanent job-share role and will be 3 days a week (Monday – Wednesday) from 9.00am to 5.00pm.
– £8 per hour rising to ￡10 following a probationary period.
– This role is on a self-employed basis so you will be responsible for your own national insurance, tax, etc.
To apply send (to the address below or email provided):
– Your CV
– A supporting statement that addresses the essential and desirable criteria outlined for the role and how you meet them. Please give examples.
Deadline for application is 9:00am Monday 28th January 2013
Interviews will be on Thursday 31st January 2013.
The induction period for this role will take place as soon as possible after interview and last until 19th February; however, the exact start date can be negotiated according to notice periods.
Alma Vale Centre, 30 Alma Vale Road, Clifton, BS8 2HY
BCMB will be closing over the Christmas period. The office will be open until 1:00pm on Friday 22nd December then reopening on Wednesday 2nd January.
The team wish you all a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
Sarah (Bear) Cohen and Gill Ayshford recently started BCMB™s second Indian Head Massage course, which will lead to the MTI Level 3 Certificate.
The Hot Stones course we™d hope to run in September is not ready yet. And the Zero Balancing Core Skills workshops have been postponed until October 2013. Keep an eye on the website for further details!