BCMB Office is Recruiting!
Closing date: Thursday 28 March 2019
Interviews: Morning of Tuesday 2 April 2019
The Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork, www.bristolmassage.co.uk, is looking for an experienced individual to join the College as Office Administrator to cover Maternity Leave for 3 days a week from 1 May 2019 – 31 March 2020 (approx. 10 months).
BCMB has been offering high quality massage training for more than 30 years, running professional courses in Holistic, Remedial and Sports and Indian Head Massage as well as a thriving CPD programme. We also operate as a practitioner space and run a very popular Graduate massage clinic.
- Working in a busy office and reporting to the College Manager, your key duties will include:
- Dealing with all bookings and payments face to face, via email, post or telephone or through our online course booking system and taking payments online over the phone and via the office card machine
- Dealing with a wide range of queries from tutors, students and customers
- Supporting the College’s training programme and activities:
– Handling bookings and application forms
– Preparing workshop materials
– Booking massage exam clients
- Supporting the College’s Student Practice Space and Graduate clinics:
– Dealing with bookings and cancellations
– Providing a reception service on the day
– Arranging Graduate therapists for the clinic
– Liaising with tutors
- Weekly Accounts management:
– Paying invoices
– Reconciling received payments
– Housekeeping – tidying and rearrangement of rooms, laundry
– Reporting stock shortages and maintenance issues
– Setting up rooms for workshops – some lifting required.
- Other duties as and when required – may include social media marketing, producing workshop documents, shopping for supplies and equipment, etc.
- Excellent customer services and communication and interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals – customers, students, tutors, suppliers etc.
- Able to work without direct supervision and to the College Manager’s instructions – you will be on your own in the office 2 days a week and with the college manager for 1 day.
- Thrive on a varied workload
- Ability to balance attention to detail with an often fast-paced environment and clear deadlines
- Able to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity at all times
- Experience in dealing with conflicting demands and priorities
- Good IT skills and experience.
- Experience of handling business finances – paying invoices and reconciling
- Experience of BCMB’s training courses and ethos
- A general interest in massage and other complementary therapies would be beneficial but is not essential.
Terms and Conditions
- 3 days per week: 9 am – 5 pm (1 hour lunch break), Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Salary: full time equivalent £19,000 (pro rata)
- 6 weeks holiday pay + bank holidays (pro rata)
- The government NEST pension scheme is in operation at BCMB for employees
How to Apply
Submit a current CV and letter of application explaining why you are best suited to this role to Charlotte Rooney, College Manager/Co-Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date and Interviews
Closing Date: Thursday 28 March 2019
Interviews: 9:30 – 1pm Tuesday 2 April 2019