The BCMB Office is recruiting!
The Bristol College of Massage and Bodywork is looking for an experienced individual to join the College as Office Administrator. The work is varied and complex. The role involves supporting the College Manager to organise and manage all the College’s courses and clinics as well as general office duties.
1. Dealing with all enquiries, bookings and payments face to face, online, by post or telephone.
2. Support to College Manager in maintaining online booking system, calendar and website.
3. Supporting the College’s training programme and activities:
- Bookings/application forms
- Preparing course materials.
4. Supporting the College’s Student and Graduate clinics:
- Liaising with students, graduates and course leaders
- Marketing and Bookings
- Paying bills
- Maintaining weekly account records
- Preparing End of year accounts for College Manager’s approval.
- Tidying and rearrangement of rooms
- Monitoring premises and ordering office supplies as required
7. Other duties as and when required
- Excellent customer services skills in dealing with a wide range of individuals.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and sensitivity at all times.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in dealings whether face to face, in writing or on the telephone.
- Experience in dealing with conflicting demands and priorities.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good IT skills and experience, ability to use databases, excel and other programmes specific to the college (training will be given).
- Ability to think ahead and work to a timetable of activity.
- Experience of BCMB’s training courses and ethos will be an advantage but is not essential.
- A general interest in massage and other complementary therapies would be beneficial but is not essential.
Terms and Conditions
- 3 days per week: 9 am – 5 pm (lunch break 1 – 2 pm), preferably Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
- Salary: full time equivalent £19,000 (pro rata) rising to £21,000 after satisfactory completion of 6 weeks probation.
- 4 weeks holiday pay + bank holidays, rising to 5 weeks holiday after 12 months
- A workplace pension scheme is in operation at BCMB.
How to Apply
- Submit a current CV and letter of application explaining why you are best suited to this role to the College Chairman and Director, Andy Fagg: email@example.com.
Closing Date and Interviews
- Closing Date and Time: 6pm on Friday 16th February 2018
- Interviews will be conducted on the afternoon of Thursday 22nd February 2018 at BCMB.